Friday, December 18, 2009

Perrier Water And Pregnancy

The Spirit of Christmas



always caught my eye the mess in the family were assembled to get Christmas, so Dad and I frankly preferred to pass the two quiet at home but the rest of the family always had other plans for us we could not escape, fate was bound home my aunt Heloise, dinner at home like a tradition, this would not be so bad if my aunt was not set to make his famous salad of mushrooms and rolled in God knows when mixed with plenty of mayonnaise, the worst thing was that their watchful eyes sailed across the table to see if we ate or spent their delicacies, 35 people sitting at the table, each with its indigenous contribution, which transformed a dinner in an orgy of through a variety of foods that my family owns in a peasant village, my grandmother Maruja head of the table speaking in his language as if yesterday had come from Galicia, it was the traditions that kept telling exciting stories about your boat trip and how he met my grandfather, my grandmother interrupted by the other side of course talked about his native Rome. My great uncle Ivan abroad Polish family conveniently covered by the branches of the family tree do not celebrate Christmas but just invited him as a token of goodwill among the peoples, never we got to toast with the glasses high and that the twelve us surprise ending entries and discussing politics, at that point the family was separated between left and right, abolitionist and dictators, some philosophers and other anarchists who lucky for them were far more virulent chairs (built by my aunt who knows where the wind blows), change the world was the main purpose and just end the injustices that were assembled to do some fights but for the respect that we had witnessed the great-grandmother imposed few pugilistic exhibitions, suddenly the bells announced the arrival of hope as if the real spirit is present in the midst of the endless table all raised their glasses in heartfelt toasts, all but clear that I was opening my presents. This year change of destination, we met in the house of my aunt separate the family decided it can not stay alone with their grief and bring the battalion to your home are more in number but great-grandmother is gone, but of course the true spirit Christmas remains. Noelia

0 comments:

Post a Comment